Another Successful AGM and Dinner!
This week, PCA held another successful Annual General Meeting and Networking Dinner to discuss the priorities of member companies for their association and the public policy initiatives necessary to ensure that Canada has an open construction industry, cooperative labour relations, and a robust, inclusive and highly-capable workforce. PCA Enjoys Strong Political Support: PCA continues to receive strong support from federal and provincial governments and opposition members. Members were joined throughout the event by Hon. Ric McIver, Alberta’s Minister for Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour; Danielle Smith, Leader of the Official Opposition in Alberta; and Gary Bickman, Alberta’s Official Opposition Critic for Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour. The AGM also received greetings by video from Hon. Jason Kenney, federal Minister for Employment and Social Development, and Justin Trudeau, Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada. Some key themes discussed at the AGM included:
- The important role that employers should play in the skills training system
- The influence that workplace culture has on the image and perception of skilled trades among Canadians
- The central importance of productivity and competitiveness as factors influencing decision-making for construction owners
- The growing prominence of PCA labour relations and member advisory services within the association’s overall value proposition
- The growth of the PCA team and its voice in the industry and among government policy leaders
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul de Jong email@example.com or Sean Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions.